Bamboo blinds are easy to install and beautiful to look at. This article gives you a brief on installing and caring these blinds.
Despite being a grass, bamboo is one of the most durable materials in nature; it is this reason that manufacturers create a range of items such as bamboo furniture, using this eco-friendly product.
Bamboo blinds are those that are created out of bamboo stems that have been cut into sticks and mounted horizontally. The choices of roll-up style and folding-style bamboo blinds add a touch of nature to a room. These natural blinds are available in a variety of colors, sizes, patterns, and stains, making it an addition that compliments the décor.
Apart from providing light control, bamboo blinds are considered to be lucky and energizing according to Asian culture. These blinds are also durable and are able to withstand many weather conditions, which certainly qualifies it as a good choice. These blinds are also inexpensive.
Inside Mounted Bamboo Blinds
- First, open the hinged bracket doors and screw the brackets into the sidewall or into the top of the wooden frame.
- Then, clip the valence clips onto the front part of the head rail.
- Once that is done, slip the blind head rail into the brackets.
- Now, install the tilt wand (if it is applicable in this scenario).
- Then pull down the clear tilt control sleeve.
- To release cord and lower blind, pull the cord down and towards the middle of the blind.
- To put the finishing touches, snap the valence into clips by inserting the top edge in first.
Outside Mounted Bamboo Blinds
- To begin, hold the blind up to the window near the top and use a pencil to make a mark at both the ends of the head rail, this will let you know where to mount the installation bracket.
- After that is done mount the right and left hand brackets about 1/8 inches wider than the pencil marks so that when the blind is set into the brackets it fits.
- Once you have completed the above steps place the blind head rail into place.
- Then, close the hinged bracket doors making sure that they snap shut.
- Now, slide the clear valence clip down over the front side of the blind head rail. Keep the long side facing the room.
- Once that is done click the valance clip down once extra notch so that it is all the way down on the head rail.
- To install the valance bend the tab into place.
- Then hold the valance on the top edge of the clips.
- Once that is done, push the bottom edge of the valance firmly against the clips and until they snap into place.
- Now lower the blind all the way and insert the pins into the bottom rail for hold down brackets and make a pencil mark on both the sides where you plan to install the hold-down brackets.
- Once you have completed that, screw the hold-down brackets into place. Make sure that both the hold-down brackets are level.
Use a clean cloth to wipe the bamboo blinds. If you are planning to wash them then these are the things you will require.
- Hot water
- Good oil soap
- Plenty of sunlight
- First fill a bathtub with hot water and oil soap.
- Then immerse the blinds into the tub in a bundled form and then shuffle it a few times. This is done to ensure that the soapy water finds its way into difficult corners.
- Now leave the blinds in the water for a couple of minutes and then rinse the blinds properly to remove the soap. Drain the bathtub and repeat the process if the blinds are still dirty.
- Then take the blinds to a sunny place and hang them up to dry for at least 20 minutes.
- Hang the blinds back on the windows only after they are completely dry.