The size of the bed primarily refers to the dimensions of a mattress that may vary significantly around the world, with most of the countries possessing their own standards and terminology. Different manufacturers interpret the standard bed sizes and dimensions differently according to the comfort and the cost.
Also known as single bed, twin beds are the most popular choice for kids' room or multiple-use guest rooms. This bed is extremely useful for small bedrooms where space is at a premium as it is narrow. The twin bed comes in variety of styles and materials like larger full, queen and king sized beds and wood being the most common finish.
In such cases, a twin bed is very useful as each member can purchase the mattress he/she needs to sleep on and can push the twin beds together to sleep side by side. Twin bed is designed in such a way it can be stacked and conveniently turned into bunk beds if required.
Twin Bed or Single Bed Dimensions
- Overall dimensions: 39" wide x 75" long
- Width per person: 39''
- Advantages: Due to its small size, it easily fits into small bedrooms. Twin bed sheets are least expensive of all sheet sizes and come in different patterns.
- Disadvantage: Its standard size is quite short for many adults.
Twin Extra Long Bed dimensions
- Overall dimensions: 39" wide x 80" long
- Width per person: 39"
- Advantages: This bed is 5'' longer than the standard twin bed and so is comfortable for taller teens and adults. It can either be used single or pushed together to form a king size bed.
- Disadvantages: The bedding is difficult to find as it's not available in all patterns.
Choosing the correct bed size for a room is very important to enhance the aesthetic value as well as maximize the space in a room. Therefore, knowing the dimensions for the room before purchasing can be a big help and will definitely save time.
In fact, while buying bedding one should keep in mind the dimensions of the twin bed as this will keep you from returning the wrong size bedding to the store and shop for more. Therefore, selecting the right bed size can make a huge difference between a peaceful night's slumber and fitful tossing and turning.
Therefore, selecting the right bed size can make a huge difference between a peaceful night's slumber and fitful tossing and turning.