These tiles can also be used when putting up walls. In many luxurious homes, you will find these tiles used extensively. However, proper installation is extremely essential to get the right kind of look.
Before installing them, you should check for the color and thickness of each tile and replace defected pieces. Find out the dimensions of the room and ask your supplier to cut the tiles as per the measurements provided. This will make the installation easy.
Here are some simple steps that you need to adhere to:
- Make sure to use a strong and good-quality adhesive on the back of each tile.
- The mixing of mortar should be done as per the instructions in the information brochure of the manufacturer.
- Spread the mortar evenly on the surface of the floor.
- Grout the tiles together, neatly. Make sure to wipe off the excess grout. Avoid walking on the tiles and let them set properly, overnight.
- Start placing the tiles on this.
- Use a tile sealer to finish the process.
(SPACING!)The grouting process should start from one end of the room. Use a grout float made out of rubber, as it is more useful in spreading it into joints. Before mixing the putty, go through the manufacturer booklet. Its color should match that of the tiles. You can seek the opinion of a tile expert in this regard.
Its main function is to hold the tiles together firmly, by not leaving any gap in between. Once you are done with the process, you need to remove the excess grout from the tiles with the help of a sponge. Many people suggest using a sealant to protect the tiles from getting damaged. The cost of installation can vary from place to place.