How far can you go to make life more peaceful? A trip in the woods is not the only option to get peace and a quiet atmosphere. Soundproofing is an option that has gained popularity in residential and commercial areas too. With the revolution, busy lives and shrinking worlds, it is practically not possible to get settled away from the hustle and bustle in a one home world. And with the many music schools and recording studios on the charts, it becomes necessary to not disturb the rest of the world with noise. Not all the time can you expect your neighbor to compromise on their children playing out loud. Nor can you have a saintly neighbor to listen to the music or recordings that happen in your house everyday. Soundproofing the homes and offices helps a lot, gives you no worries and peace of mind.
So the market has been greatly contributing to give you various products that will help in soundproofing. Soundproof windows, window liners, curtains, soundproof foams are to name a few. Well, depending on the purpose and the location of soundproofing, different products are designed. For example, when talking about soundproofing foam, acoustical soundproofing foam is widely used. Whereas, there are many more options in soundproofing foams in the market like convoluted and non-convoluted foam, polyurethane, compressed fiberglass, melamine, etc.
They have typical characteristics that rate their demand and use for soundproofing. Now the real challenge comes, when using these foams. Just placing these on the surface will not help, or not give you the desired and best results. So get help with some tips for using soundproofing foam. We have mentioned some simple tips here, let's take a look.
Using Soundproofing Foam - Simple Tips
The main purpose of this foam is to keep the noise out. And this is one property that should be considered first. The reason we have brought this up, is because there are many products in the market, and you will have to choose the right one.
- An effective tip is the basic, that is choosing the right kind of material and foam. Fiber glass is the most commonly used foam today. It may be on the expensive side but, has excellent ratings for safety. Other products too can be effective, but make sure you check all the ratings for safety before purchase. The more porous foam you buy, higher will be the amount of sound absorbed. So check for this quality too.
- The foam used for soundproofing can be put up in various ways. But using it in sheets is the most effective option to ensure maximum soundproofing. This enables you to cut the sheets in the desired size, which also ensures maximum soundproofing. Buying certain products like adhesive spray and a box knife or cutter can also help in better installation of the foam.
- Now before you buy the foam, make sure to make note of the measurements of all the places where you will be using the foam. Note the places from where the air has a possibility to leak and even small corners.
- Installing the foam on the surface is the main task. Make sure to clean the surface before installing the foam on it. This can enable a smooth layer on the back and will help the foam stick effectively. Wipe the area to get rid of the dirt, dust and other debris.
- Spray the surface with adhesive spray, and even it. Then paste the foam on it firmly and make sure to cover all marked places well. Take care of the corners when sealing with foam. Use the knife for a proper finish on the hard to reach places, small corners and similar areas.
- The base is then ready for being sealed with a sheet of soundproofing material. Carefully place the sheet on the foam, and fix it to the foam. It is usually done by using staples or Velcro strips.