The latest trend on the market,to pamper you silly, is sliding glass doors with built-in blinds. You do not have to bother with their cleaning, and you can enjoy privacy with a dash of the outdoors at the same time by installing these in your home. Here is what these doors have to offer you.
Most of us like to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors, which is why we place clear glass windows as patio doors. However, we also need privacy and so we install blinds to cover up the patio door, which hinder your view and defeat the purpose of installing glass doors in the first place. Moreover, maintaining these blinds becomes a nuisance as they are difficult to clean because of their tiny slits. On the other hand, they also look rich and classy and enhance the visual appeal of the room. So, to get the best of both worlds, you can now make use of sliding glass doors with built-in blinds for your patio. Let us take a look at what they have to offer.
What Are They?
As the name suggests, these doors have blinds that are built within the glass panels. Packed between two toughened or tempered panels within a frame to provide additional protection, these are primarily used as patio doors. Providing the right amount of privacy without blocking natural light or outside view, these are the perfect solution for your home. Choosing to install glass doors with built-in blinds will provide you with a number of benefits:
- You will never have to worry about cleaning the dust and grime. Since you are aware how difficult it is to clean regular blinds, this could provide you great relief.
- These blinds are installed with controls that allow you to adjust them to the exact angle without compromising on privacy. Further, they can also be lifted up completely to give you a clear view of the outdoors if that is what you are looking for. There are no cords around that you have to pull or that will come in your way while going in and out.
- With the blinds being sandwiched between the glass, they do not bother you when you want to go out on your patio or come back inside.
- These blinds will not bend or get out of shape, as is the case with regular blinds.
- Because dust and dirt does not collect on these, there is no chance of you inhaling any allergens that usually settle on the slits.
- These sliding doors look beautiful when used in any kind of decor.
Things to Remember
It is best to have these patio doors installed by the company you purchase them from, as they will also give you a demo. It is natural that such a convenient technology is going to be highly expensive; however, the good thing is that you save the amount spent on buying, maintaining, and replacing blinds every so often, and it can be considered as a long-term investment. Ensure that the company provides a warranty on these sliding doors, as it will help you ward off your fears about the controls not working or any other problem you think these doors will pose.
As of now, the color options offered in these blinds are limited. You may want to match the color with the decor of the room they are being used in. But, you cannot change the color of these blinds even if you opt for a different one for the room sometime in future, so it is a good idea to make sure that you choose a color that will look good with any combination you may use in the room.
These sliding glass doors are often a one-time investment, and you have to weigh all the pros and cons before going ahead with them. While it may seem like a very convenient option, with it being easy to maintain and use, remember that it is not easy to change these at your whim and fancy. So look around, talk to people who have these at their homes, find out what each company is offering you, and then decide whether or not you would like to have them in your house.