First impressions matter, don't they? So, to make sure you display a positive image, take care of your personal appearance, greet clients politely, and ensure your desk is prim and proper. This will give clients an insight into your professional image.
It Begins from the Reception Area ...
So, what does it take to lure customers and make them patrons of your salon? Excellent services are a must, and although they might make you popular, just services are not enough. Good-quality beauty products, modernized equipment, and a comfortable ambiance in the place of work are factors that are known to work wonders.
And, all this starts right from the reception area where you welcome your guests and customers into your workplace. Now, the first impression may not really be the last one, but it definitely is a lasting one and can heavily influence the possible growth or downslide of your business, depending on what kind of a first impression you make on your clients.
A warm, beautiful, welcoming, and aesthetically done reception area will definitely make a positive mark and reassure your customers that they are at the right place.
- When the customers enter the salon, the first thing they get to see is the reception area. It does play a very important role in helping them determine whether they would want to come in or just walk out. So, it is important to plan the reception area well. What really accentuates the look of the reception area is the desk of the receptionist.
- A reception desk is going to be the backbone of your business. Right from making clients wait for their appointments to responding to queries, to serving as a buffer storage place for holding all beauty products, to making monetary transactions, everything will be done here. Along with being designed aesthetically, it also needs to be done intelligently.
- There are many owners who do not spend much on the reception counter, thinking that it would not make much of a difference because it is not where the actual work happens. In fact, it is the other way round!
Top Tips to Consider While Styling the Reception Desk
- First off, decide where exactly will you install the desk. Its design will depend largely on this. For example, if you want to place it in one of the corners, you may opt for a round-edged desk, or if it will be at the center of the room, you might opt for a rectangular, oval, square, or any other irregularly shaped desk.
- A welcome desk at the beauty parlor should serve multiple purposes. For example, the front panel―the one that faces the customers―can be designed with see-through or frosted glass to display your range of beauty products that are ready to be bought over the counter.
- If the payments and other monetary transactions will be carried out at the desk, make sure it is equipped with a safe or drawers that can be secured with locks, pass codes, or other security features to store all kinds of money deposits, like checks, cash, bills, etc., safely.
- It should not only be attractive, but also have ample storage facilities. The other side of the desk, where the receptionist sits, should have enough storage cabinets and drawers to hold business files, a cash register, credit card machines, telephones, stationary, first aid kits, extra beauty products, etc.
- Select one that suits the décor. You can either choose to play it safe and simple by blending in a contemporary and chic desk into a modern reception area. Or, opt to give the ambiance a touch of quirk by adding a piece of vintage reception desk in the same setting to create a point of stark contrast. The same tip could apply for the color of the desk.
- The placement of the desk will alter the appearance of the waiting lounge to a very large extent. Place it in such a way that appropriate floor area is utilized and at the same time, enough free space is left available for the other furniture, utilities, and adornments.
- The desk should be high enough to cover all the businesses going behind it, but not so high that you can't communicate with your client easily.
- Are you going to use a laptop or a desktop computer at the desk? The desk's design will change accordingly. Proximity of the desk to a power switch in either case is extremely important.
- When it comes down to aesthetics and beautification, make sure you go all out and leave no stone unturned to make it as welcoming as possible. This is not to say that you go overboard or stretch ahead of your budget, but make sure that essentials like perfect lighting, aromatic fragrances, and visually appealing add-ons are taken care of.
- Your clientèle may include women of all ages and even moms who could come along with their bundles of joy in prams, strollers, buggies, or carriages. Since you are investing so much in designing the perfect reception desk, it would be a shame to let it get chipped or bruised by these carriers. Ask your designer or carpenter to build the desk accordingly.
Selecting a desk for your beauty salon is not a very difficult task. But, you have to research well before you zero in on any one. Another thing that you have to consider is the budget. High-quality desks can be expensive, so you need to be very careful before investing in one.
Think about how that particular piece of furniture would accentuate your workplace. Asking others for an opinion would also be beneficial. So, check out the latest styles and trends of reception desks, and opt one that adds hints of elegance, beauty, comfort, and sophistication to your beauty salon.