Studio apartments define a home, all in one plain view. You have the living room, kitchen, and bedroom, all accumulated on a single platform. Though there is not much scope for heavy interiors here, with simple techniques you can change the complete look. There are a lot of times when you want your kitchen to fade off your eyes when you step into bed, or you would want to keep the kitchen invisible in case of any guests in your apartment. So how does one create privacy and a homely feeling without investing much in a bigger house? Well, some creative divider ideas will create the magic. Converting your studio into a separate functional area is a task, however, let us look at some of the best, easy to execute, ideas for a studio apartment divider.
Designs and Styles
When choosing the perfect room separator, you will have to do some planning, as to which areas you want to keep apart. For example, if you want to create a dining space in the kitchen or some study space in the bedroom, etc., you need to decide the divisions that you want first. You can then choose if you want a permanent or a flexible and movable divider. There are various options available for this.
Mentioned below are a few that can add charm.
- Panels and Screens: Panels and screens are an easy option. Standing screens can be easily bought from yard sales, antique stores, etc. A fun idea is to paint these screens and decorate them. If you can shell some money on antique wooden screens, a traditional look can be created. The many designs and types of textures, materials like bamboo, glass, and cloth can be used for unique creations. Panels are a traditional way to divide rooms. They come in a variety of materials and are easily movable. You can use them according to your theme or design to match the apartment. You can also use fabric in the panel. Maybe a hand painted or printed one can be used. Using fabrics is an easy option, as it can be washed and maintained easily.
- Furniture and More: Using furniture to divide rooms will give you multiple benefits. You will save on space, and use it to store things. Wooden furniture, like book shelves and wall cubicles with decorative items, are some options that you can use for a study area in the bedroom or living room and more. With a little creativity in mind, these will look natural and not deliberate.
- Plants and Other Found Objects: Certain plants can be used. Tall and thick plants will give your interiors a natures eye. Plants like palm trees, crotons, bamboos, and other exotic plants can make an impressive room divider. Found objects can also be hung to ropes, and the resulting hangings can give you a splendid division.
- Stylish Shutters: If you are keen on creating physical divisions of your apartments to create 'rooms', shutter style dividers are the best option. Glass sliding ones with blinds can help you make the most to control light in that area.
- Curtains: They give you a superior control of your partitions. A simple slide to open and close them is all that you need. Moreover, they come with so many varieties in design, color, and pattern. Use beads, crystals, and other strings of charms that can act as a curtain to divide space.
- Glass and Other Decorative Dividers: Dividing your apartment should not make it shrink visually. If space is really a concern here, you can choose glass panels for dividing rooms. They will reflect and allow light to spread, giving a larger view of space. Other types that can come handy at stores are lattice, carved, printed on fabric, French mirror, floral, painted, etc.
There is no limit for making space for rooms in studio apartments. You can come up with ideas from the simplest of everyday things. From cardboard, lamps, pictures, to personalized panels, sculptures, etc. It is not as difficult as you perceive it to be. After all this is your home, even if it is a studio apartment. Do not hesitate to give it a makeover that will keep you feeling warm and lively.
With an eye for creativity and some effort with these room divider ideas for studio apartments, welcome yourself to what is rightly said ... 'Home Sweet Home'!