When remodeling a kitchen, there are several factors that you need to take into consideration. Firstly, you need to look for products that are durable as you would not like to change your kitchen countertop every 2 years. Secondly, it should be easy to maintain and clean. Among the different kitchen countertops available today, quartz is one of the popular ones. However, before going for it, you must definitely wish to know about its advantages and disadvantages. Let us take a look at it in detail.
Quartz Countertops Merits and Demerits
Quartz is a material that is found in large quantities. It is very hard and it may not be wrong to say that it is ranked just below gemstones when comparing the hardness and scratch resistant quality. When it comes to quartz, granite, marble or stone, you will find that every single countertop has its own benefits and faults. Similar is the case with quartz. The following are the pros and cons of quartz countertops.
- As mentioned above, durability or long-lasting nature is one of the major aspect that you should look for in a countertop. Quartz countertops are known for their durability as they are harder than most of the other countertops. Many companies give warranties with the quartz countertops.
- Quartz countertops are more resistant to staining, cracking and corrosion that many of the other countertop options. As it is not porous, it is much more stronger and long-lasting.
- One of the other benefits of quartz countertops is that once installed, you need not care for it. It is literally maintenance free.
- Quartz countertops are also mold and mildew resistant. Therefore, you can consider them food-safe and excellent to use.
- As these countertops are available in myriad colors, you can find the one that suits your kitchen interior perfectly. Secondly, you can also try different color combination to get a modern and creative look.
- Quartz has a natural stone appearance and hence, it is suitable for every kitchen type: be it modern, classical or even the antique country types.
- Cleaning quartz countertops for kitchens is easy and does not require much time. Quartz countertops can be cleaned with simply water, soap and water or with manufacturer's products (for heavy stains), at home.
- Lastly, note that once installed (they do not require sealing), these countertops are hassle free.
- One of the major disadvantage is the cost of quartz countertops. These are fairly expensive as compared to its other counterparts. However, as they are durable, it can definitely be a good investment.
- Although not actually a con or a disadvantage; but installation of a quartz countertop is a lengthy process which usually should be done with professional help.
Now that you know the pros and cons of these countertops, you will find it easy to make your decision on whether to go for it or not. When talking about the quartz countertop prices, you will find these starting from $50 and above per square foot. The prices may also vary in different places. You can also check on the Internet or research in the market to have an actual look at the countertop, the stone and also compare prices. If you are sure on your idea on what exactly you are looking for, you will definitely get the best deals.
From this write-up, you must have concluded that the pros or the advantages are much greater than the cons or the disadvantages. Therefore, you can think of going for it! It will surely be a good choice. Good luck!