There are a myriad of homes in the market to choose from. Modular houses are a popular choice nowadays. The modular home prices, plans, and designs are mentioned in this article.
- Chalet: The chalet designs have picturesque exteriors, large glass areas, and dramatic rooflines. These are perfect for an array of surroundings like waterfront locations, wooded areas, and mountain settings. There are different plans like Clifton, Ocean View, Deercroft, Mount Airy, and Timberlake.
- Split-level Homes: In the split-level homes, there is a flexibility of four separate living levels and an in-line or traditional roofline. Beach Haven, Glenn Haven, and Spruce Haven are the different plans.
- Two-Story: The two-story selection has a large variety of styles and layouts that may be traditional, colonial, or contemporary. These houses have the ability to modify interiors and exteriors to suit any taste and add garages and breezeways. The different floor plans are Elder, Hickory, Juniper, Magnolia, Mulberry, Sycamore, Shearwood, North Hampton, Hartford, Dutchess, Montgomery, Glen Manor, Laurelton, Rosedale, and Lansdale.
- Ranch Homes: Ranch plans are of various types like Ashwood, Chestnut, Dogwood, Hemlock, Locust, Redwood, Spruce, Laurel, Crestview, and Fairview.
- Cape Homes: Cape floor plans are of different types like Cape Carolina, Cape Romain, Cape Charles, Cape Rose, Cape Cod, Roanoke, Fredericksburg, and Cape View.
Modular homes cost twenty to forty percent lesser than site-built homes. The cost savings occur in labor and materials. The cost of such houses are in between mobile houses that are the cheapest and site-built houses that are the most expensive. Manufacturers of such constructions deliver good quality at a low cost. A purchase department provides for all the raw materials and fittings. For the purchase, loans are given at lowest rates and optimum terms. The price of a modular residence changes as per the building lot and the size and style. As on February 2007, the different approximate prices for the various aspects are as follows:
- Site engineering that involves dig test pits, septic plan designs, and submitting the plan to the State for approval is about USD 1,000.
- Excavation for foundation, septic system, building the driveway, grade disturbed areas, and spreading loam are for USD 30,000 on an average.
- Drilling a well to 400′, installing the pump and pressure tank, and bringing the water line to the basement is nearly USD 7,500.
- Electrical hookup comprises installing a 200-ampere panel, and hooking up the electrical system to service is USD 3,000.
- Procuring the building permit from town costs USD 500.
- Foundation or basement that sets forms, pouring footings and walls, and pouring basement floors is valued at USD 10,000.
- Plumbing or heating hookups are estimated at USD 12,000. This includes the hookup of gas or oil-fired boilers and the hookup of all plumbing and heating lines.
- USD 3,000 is the cost of interior button-up that includes installation of interior doors on marriage walls, building the basement stairs, and the touch-up of the drywall.
- The cost of decks or porches is also USD 3,000.
- Landscaping costs USD 1,000. Installation of walks and planting grass and shrubbery are the different items in this feature.
There are different modular designs like single family homes, condominiums, offices, and commercial buildings. There are more than 8,000 custom-designed houses and commercial structures. The various designs are distinguished into the following series : Executive, Presidential, Atlantic, Liberty, and Vacation. Each of these are further divided into subtypes. For example, the Executive series comprises:
- Cape Cod
The Presidential series has the two-story type. The subtypes are:
The Atlantic series is made up of:
- Cape Cod
The Liberty series is two-story and includes different categories like:
- Patrick Henry
- John Hancock
- Constitution II
- Ben Franklin
The Vacation series subtypes are:
- Rock Harbor
- Oak Harbor
- Blue Ridge
The size and versatility of the production facilities enable you to build a highly customized and economic modular building and systems built home. The perpetual hunt for new material, technology, and manufacturing techniques displays the commitment to provide customers with the optimum output.