These kinds of doors are usually made to cover built-in or walk-in closets, as they are large and have rows of slats. In most cases, they're made of wood, but if they slide, then glass or vinyl is used. If your closet is a walk-in, there may be windows, but if not, these slats with vents are provisions that let air in, without making clothes and other stored materials visible.
Louvered closet doors can either be single or bifold hinged, making the closet's entryway look elegant and classy. Let us look at some tips on how to choose a particular kind and how many types are available.
As mentioned above, most doors are made from wood and are slated with vents. These closet doors are inexpensive and available in various designs and patterns. There are sliding doors which are also available in the market, that have slates, as well. Here are a few ideas for wooden ones that can be installed in any kind of closet in your home.
- Even though it is said that louvre doors are meant to be vented, there are some designs in which there are no vents.
- However, the most basic design includes full length or partial vents, which is useful in letting air into the closet, to keep clothes free from moisture, mold, and smell.
- These doors are either single hinged (doors that open in one direction), bifold (double doors which open separately), or center hinged doors (doors that fold open).
- These vented doors are like blinds that can be opened whenever required, or shut downwards.
- The vented kinds are more popular and widely used, as they give the room a classy look.
- These doors are not actually vented. They are just designed to resemble vented sliding wooden closet doors.
- These styles are usually used in a walk-in closet that has other ventilation arrangements, where the doors are for complete privacy.
- The slates can also be carved either on the whole door, or divided into sections, depending on how wide the door is.
- Although many people like the look of polished wooden closet doors, an interesting way to get that clean look, is to paint these doors.
- Painting them is easy to do, as it changes the appeal of the closet's overall design.
With so many options available, it is a good idea to install these at home. They are economical and can instantly turn the look of a room, around.