Choosing the right kind of tile for your kitchen is very important. Do not ignore this part of interior decoration thinking that the kitchen is not frequented by guests. Every room of your house is equally important, and it must be decorated and maintained with equal fervor. When it comes to choosing kitchen floor tiles, besides a beautiful design, there are a number of other factors that should be looked into as well.
Points to Consider
- Firstly, the tiles should be waterproof, as water-spilling incidents are quite common in the kitchen.
- Secondly, they should be durable and resistant to stains caused by food spills.
- Thirdly, they should be slip-resistant so that any water spilled in the kitchen due to utensil washing or cooking does not make the ground very slippery.
The different types of tiles based on the material used to make them are as given below:
Marble Flooring in Rustic Kitchen
Hardwood Flooring with White Cabinets
Parquet Flooring in Modern Kitchen
Design in Tile Flooring
Flooring Tiles with Kitchen Island
- They are durable, slip-resistant, as well as stain-resistant, making them an ideal choice for kitchens.
- The only drawback is that the color choices are very limited.
- Usually, they come in gray, rust, green, charcoal, or in a mix of all these colors.
- These are elegant-looking and can be considered by people, who are lucky to have large kitchens.
- Installing them requires a lot of time, effort, and money. But once they are installed, they turn out to be extremely durable.
- They are completely stain-resistant.
- The only drawback is that their surface can get easily scratched or become dull with regular usage.
- This makes them very high maintenance, as they have to be cleaned or mopped on a daily basis.
- People who cannot afford hardwood can opt for these.
- They cost less and are environment-friendly.
- They are durable, easy to clean, and moisture-resistant.
- They also lend a very sophisticated and stylish look.
- They come in a variety of textures, colors, and styles.
- They give the look of wood and quarry stone, which are priced high.
- Their installation charges are very less comparatively.
- They come under a type of ceramic material.
- They are extremely hard, strong, and durable.
- They are resistant to stains as well as moisture.
- Being available in a variety of colors and designs, ceramic is the best option for kitchen floors as well as counter tops.
For those of you who want to lend a completely different look to your kitchen, a good option is Saltillo tiles. They are Mexican, and they give a Mediterranean look to the kitchen. Another option is Travertine, which is made from limestone and comes in colors such as gold and ivory. In the end, whatever type of flooring you choose, make sure that the design matches with the overall decor of the kitchen. While choosing the color, always go in for lighter shades, as these make the kitchen look spacious and feel airy.