Some Colors to Consider
While everyone has their own choice, where colors for interior paints are concerned, it maybe a good idea to take a look at the effects that popular ones, like shades of white, blue, yellow, and red, can have on your mood and the interesting interior paint color combinations that you can play around with.
For a DIY inexpensive texture paint on your wall, try sponge painting. Soak a sponge in wet paint and dab it on the entire wall. There are also rollers available in the market, which have different textures, which can be used to give different patterns to your walls.
Stencil art is very popular in interior painting ideas. A great kitchen painting idea with stencil art is to create many fruit stencil paintings on the walls. Another way to brighten up the interiors, is to paint one wall, off-white and then stencil a green flower plant on the wall. Paint the 3 remaining walls, a medium dark green color.
For a delicate look, stencil the area below the ceiling on the walls with an intricate design. Always pick a color for stenciling, which stands out on the base wall. Stencils are easily available in many supermarkets and there is a huge variety from which one can choose.
You can also go funky, and paint your walls with stripes. Cream yellow with dark pink or turquoise blue are some good combinations for striped walls. For a stunning and attractive look for your living room, paint one wall black with bright multi-colored splotches and the rest of the walls, gray.
Rubber stamping is another fun and easy way to decorate your walls. There is a huge range of stamps available in the market. Decide on the design and color you want to stamp on your walls. After buying the rubber stamp, use a roller and practice rubber stamping on a whiteboard. After enough practice, stamp on the walls to form an interesting border.
- Remove switches and curtains before painting. Also, mend the wall for any flaws like holes, cracks, falling paint, etc.
- Always get some paint samples and paint patches on the wall. Let them dry for a day and see which color you like the most. You can always get many different shade cards and place them on the wall to check for the suitable color.
- Use a primer or sealer for more durability. They provide a base coat for the paint and conceal many stains like crayon, ink, soot, etc. You will have a long-lasting paint on the walls, if you use primers and sealers.
- Choose the right interior paint for the right surface. Latex is a good choice for the kids' room, as you can clean a wall with this paint easily. Latex paint are basically water-based paints. They are non-toxic and non-flammable paints. The smell of this paint is less, compared to oil paint, but oil paints are the most durable and give a better finish.
- Milk paint is eco-friendly. It is made of earth pigments and mild proteins. This paint works best on bare wood surfaces and the topcoat can be solvent based or water based.
- There are different kinds of finishing coats to choose from. Flat finish is an ideal finish for a surface having many flaws, as it conceals the flaws. But it has no shine, can't be cleaned, and is not durable. Matte finish has little shine and is a little more durable than flat finish. This finish is semi-washable.
- For bedroom wall painting ideas, choose satin or eggshell finish as they bounce soft light and have a decent amount of shine. They are washable and durable and are a good finish for any family room or bedroom.
- Semi-gloss finish has a good shine, and the painted surface can be scrubbed. It is also very durable. Using semi-gloss finish is a good option for kitchen and bathroom painting idea, as these places are the most used areas in any house.
Choose the right finish for the rooms of your house. Do pay attention to proper home lighting and illumination. With these interior painting ideas you can form any mood in the rooms, from vitality in the living hall to serenity in the bedroom, because as Hans Hofmann said, "It is not the form that dictates the color, but the color that brings out the form."