Indoor outdoor carpets have been used since decades for their multipurpose utilities. While adding elegance and beauty, these carpets also protect the carpeted area from dampness and moisture at the same time.
Indoor/Outdoor Carpets: Things to Consider
- The density of the carpet plays an important role to determine the comfort factor and longevity of the carpet. You can push your finger through the carpet to its backing to figure out the same.
- It is necessary that the material of the carpet is stain- and UV-resistant. This will allow the carpet to retain its color and shine longer.
- The quality of the carpet is largely dependent on its moisture-resistant capacity. Check whether the carpet has a marine backing to ensure the same.
- Different economy grades of carpets are available depending on the foot traffic density and areas in which they are going to be used. Thus, carefully select your carpet accordingly.
- The humidity and moisture level of the area need to be considered while choosing a carpet for the concerned area.
Types of Indoor Outdoor Carpets
Here are some of the major types of indoor outdoor carpets. Understanding the types will help you well in choosing the carpet that will suit your needs the best.
However, there are different types of Plush carpets which you can use in fully exposed outdoor areas, depending on the extent of foot traffic it receives.
This helps in concealing the footprints. Thus, Berber carpets can be ideal for areas which experience a heavy crowd, such as the living room or hallway. A variety of colors are available to choose from in Berber carpets.
Compare the prices and products of different stores before you buy any of them. Make sure that the carpets are installed properly. You can install them yourself or take help of a professional. If you are installing the carpet on your own, follow the installation instructions properly.
Remember that prices may vary depending on the material, size and density of the carpet. There are several retail outlets selling branded carpets at reasonable prices. Also, several outlets have their websites, through which they sell their carpets online.
The detailed description of the make and pricing of the products offered should all be checked, and then you need to choose a carpet according to your specific needs and liking.