The curtains change the overall look of the room. They are available in different designs, styles and materials. If you are buying window blinds, ensure that the style of the curtain matches the blinds. Color and texture of the curtains are also important. Decorate the door by choosing the panel. For a clean look, attach the panel with top and bottom rods.
There are various patterns, variety, colors and sizes made available for you. If at all, you do not find a suitable one for your window, you can get it stitched. First, do the measurements required in order fit the curtains.
- With the help of a yardstick, draw a line across the top, bottom and sides of the area you want to cover. This forms the window, measure this across the top, bottom and sides. After measuring, note down the largest measurement.
- The next step is to measure the entire surface area covered by the window. Make a note of the side of the window with the longest measurement.
- The largest of the sides and the one noted down previously, will form the actual size of the window.
Now let's move on to 'stitching of the curtains'. You need to first purchase a fabric measuring a little more than this size to allow room for error while sewing.
- A hem of 5/8 inch needs to be sewed on both the sides of the curtain.
- Mark a hem of 1 inch on the top and bottom of the curtain. Both ends of the curtain should have a pocket.
- Attach the cafe rods on the lines marking the top and bottom of the curtain. These rods should be as close as possible to the door.
- Remove the rods from the mounting brackets, and slide them through the top and bottom hem pockets of the curtain. Replace it in the brackets and then adjust the gathers at the top and bottom, which will complete the procedure.
Use this information for choosing curtains for French doors. You can also use drapes and roll up blinds to give it that extraordinary look and feel. Make sure you select the design according to the color and design of the door. If the curtains perfectly match the outlook of the room, it will add to the homeliness of the house in general.