Those who would like to go green with the interiors of their house, can safely install cork laminate flooring. It is made from a natural material, cork, which is harvested from the bark of cork oak trees without having to cut them down. This makes it one of the most environmentally friendly materials to be used in the home.
It has numerous advantages, but on the downside, it is something that is relatively high in maintenance. This is where cork laminate flooring comes into the picture.
Cork laminate flooring is simply cork flooring that is coated with layers of acrylic, which makes the flooring more durable and safer to use in highly moist areas, such as kitchens or bathrooms.
This flooring is available in matte or gloss finish and you may choose either, based on your preference. While the natural variety is relatively soft and spongy, the laminate type is slightly harder.
However, the fact that it is easy to clean and more resistant to damage, makes the latter a preferred choice within homes. Not only does it provide a natural, aesthetic beauty to the house, it does so without you having to put in any extra work for maintenance.
While some of the benefits of cork flooring have already been mentioned here, there are several others that you should be aware of. It also has some negatives, and we will see them next.
- It is not only environmentally friendly, but also a great material to provide sound insulation. Though the amount of insulation will be lesser than that provided by its natural counterpart, it still provides a considerable amount of insulation. It is quieter to walk on such flooring.
- Along with sound, it also reduces the impact of vibrations that are caused by noise and movement.
- It also provides heat insulation in the winter. Keeping you warm through the winter, this material is definitely a great choice for the home.
- It can be easily used as a basement flooring, because of its insulation properties, as well as its resistance to moisture. While cork flooring itself is also known to be greatly moisture resistant, cork laminate only enhances the quality and does not allow it to get damaged due to excess moisture.
- Its durability is immense and heavy items can easily be placed on the flooring without damaging it. The laminated flooring, in fact, provides greater resistance from scratches and cuts.
- Cork has been used as a sub-floor in the past because of all its aforementioned properties. However, cork laminate can directly be used as a flooring in any area of the house, even in areas with high traffic. Its natural beauty lends the home a gorgeous rustic appeal that is relatively easy to maintain in comparison to hardwood floors.
If you are considering installing it in your home, then the aforementioned properties should only enhance your faith in this product. Before you purchase it, the dealer will provide you all the necessary care and maintenance instructions regarding this product.
Further, this product is available in many colors and textures that will leave you spoiled for choice. It is definitely a choice worth considering if you wish to have green interiors and do your bit for the environment.