Mentioned in this DecorDezine article are chalkboard paint reviews that will explain what it is, and the best products of this paint available in the market.
Interior painting with chalkboard paint can be a great idea for many walls. The walls in children’s room or in a nursery can be painted with it. Children can go on drawing and coloring the walls which acts as a chalkboard or blackboard, and one doesn’t have to worry about cleaning the wall, as with one wipe, the wall gets cleaned.
But, this doesn’t only stay limited to the kids’ room. It is also a good idea for many other places. You can paint a patch on the wall in the kitchen, and the clutter of sticky notes on refrigerator will be reduced. Such patches created on walls will help to exchange information easily. Many times, restaurants will have chalkboard to display the special menu of the day. Many public bathrooms in cafés or other places are also painted with it as this discourages graffiti artists from painting on walls. And they still can display their creativity by using chalks and use the wall as their canvas.
- First of all, you need to decide what color of paint you want. Do you want it to be a plain black color? Then you can go with a black-colored chalkboard paint. There are many reviews on the Internet, however you can find this kind of paint at most hardware stores.
- For other shades of colored chalkboard, you will have to go to paint stores or make it at home; the latter is quite easy, actually.
- Another thing you need to consider is, if you want your paint a simple one or a magnetic paint. Each have their own benefits. The process of applying magnetic paint on the walls takes more time, and costs a bit more. However, children can use magnetic toys on these walls, and use it to draw and stick magnetic objects. But, the paint has to be applied properly or one might end up with a textured wall, which is not desirable.
- You can go through the reviews online to find appropriate products. Two of the top manufacturers are Krylon and Rustoleum. For magnetic paint, you can consider Magnamagic and International Magnetic Blackboard Paint. However, if you are having trouble finding blackboard paint, of a shade you want or magnetic blackboard paint, you can create your own.
- If you wish to try out various decorating ideas, you can make your own paint colors. To create your own paint, add 2 tablespoons of un-sanded tile grout, per cup of flat finish latex paint which is of a color that you want on the wall.
- Avoid creating this mix in large proportions, as the paint tends to dry and brittle away quickly. So, make only a cup or two of it. To make it magnetic you will need to add a magnetic additive in the paint as well.
This type of paint is a great idea and quite a harmless one too. As you just need to paint a wall or a patch of wall with it. And if you want to get rid of it, all you need to do is paint over it with a normal paint, and there will be no trace on the wall that it ever existed. So, why not give it a try?