Bedrooms are some of the coziest places in a house. Be it a Master bedroom or a guestroom, it needs to have a soothing ambiance and a relaxing environment. This effect can be achieved by carefully creating a bedroom floor plan. A professionally done floor plan might sound easy, but it can burn a huge hole in your pocket. So, what is the option? Just re-arrange the stuff in your bedroom and yet, make it look as good as new. My suggestions can also be a design guide for those who are planning to add a new bedroom to their homes.
Creative Bedroom Layouts
A bed the most important fixture of the bedrooms. So, before I proceed with any details of floor plans, I must ask you to consider the size of your bed and the bedroom. One thing is for sure, that the floor plan depends on size and placement of your bed. Whether your bed is placed on the left or right side, or right in the center of your bedroom, you need to adjust the rest of the furniture accordingly. It is best to get customized furniture, so that it can fit perfectly in the available space. Now, let us browse through some floor plans that offer plenty of space efficiency, free floor space and ample scope for layout experimentation.
- In this layout, the bed is placed on the left side of the bedroom. This leaves significant space on the right side and towards the entrance of the bedroom.
- The large window that occupies almost the entire wall adds to the charm. This window does not hamper the storage space of the room, which is a plus point.
- The dressing table which has ample storage space can be arranged in front of the bed. This leaves sufficient space to accommodate a chair and a small table there.
- To the left of the bed is a chest which can accommodate a lot of things. This can help to keep the room mess-free!
- The color of the flooring must complement the furniture you choose.
- Last come the lights in the room. You can use Plaster of Paris (POP) designs for your room. Place the lights so as to emphasize the plus points of your room.
- This is another example of a floor plan where the bedroom is designed in an ethnic way. This demands that you choose some furniture with a classy look.
- You can place the bed in the center, leaving enough space on both the sides to accommodate a small lamp table or an artificial plant.
- By arranging your room vertically, there can be a lot of space in front of the bed. This space can be utilized to hold a table and a couple of chairs.
- One wall which is next to the bed can be converted into a large window or not, depending on your needs.
- You can opt for a wall with an inbuilt wardrobe to save on the free space.
- Such a room must have a very good balance of lights. Yellow and white lights can go with the room's ethnic theme.
- This is another classic floor plan for a small bedroom. Things are arranged in such a manner that even if the actual area of the room is small, it still looks spacious.
- You can try creating wall with an inbuilt wardrobe to save some floor space.
- Use a small sofa or a couple of bean bags to increase the seating space.
- Think about the size of the bed while planning the layout. If the bed is meant for a single person, then you need not buy a double bed. This will help to make your bedroom look unclustered.
- This is a unique plan and can suit a children's bedroom. Two single-beds can be arranged at two extremes and the space in the middle can be utilized for a study table. Make sure that the size of the beds is not so long that it obstructs the entrance of the room.
- If you don't want a storage space, you can accommodate the stuff in any other room. That way, you can have a hand at experimenting with the arrangement even more.
- You can place a music system or a computer on the table in one of the corners of the room.
- If you need only one bed, then you can avail the remaining space for some other purpose. This space can be utilized for placing a wardrobe or a bookshelf. You can even place a small dressing table if the room belongs to your teenage daughter.
- For a tiny bedroom space with a limited scope for expansion, go for the simplest floor plan where you would accommodate only a bed, a table and a small sofa or a couple of chairs.
- Wardrobes can be fixed inside the wall.
- You can mount a television, provided there is a free wall in the room.
- A designer chair or a sofa can be allotted a place in one of the corners.
- If some more space is left, place a small table beside the bed to keep some small stuff like your phone or a pot. This will complete the look of your entire bedroom.
- This can be of the best floor plans provided you are willing to construct a new bedroom and don't have a properly shaped area.
- The odd corners in the room can be utilized to hold a triangular seating space.
- You can place the bed near the wall and carve a window if needed on the other. As you'll have very less area left after this, you can place a wardrobe in front of the bed leaving enough space to walk in between. Give it a vibrant look to add to the beauty of your room.
- At times, it feels like there is simply nothing you can do with your room. The size of your bed might be too large, which can hamper a change of bedroom layout. In such a case, you can just push the bed a little to one side and occupy the rest of the space as per your wish.
- If you have no storage problems, you can place a wooden rack that can hold some good antique pieces or your books. A designer bookshelf can also give this room a classic touch.
- Make sure, you keep some space in the wall for a window, if possible, as it will make the room look bright and full of light.
- If you want to make the room look even more spacious, you can try replacing your old bed with a sofa cum bed.
A Few More Tips
Budget is always a matter of concern for many. And why not, spending even hundred dollars may trim your budget for the next couple of months.
- Start by deciding the amount you can spare. Once that is finalized, it will be easier for you to buy things accordingly.
- Re-use as many things as possible, to save your money. e.g. Use an old wooden cupboard to create something new out. Polish it and add some embellishments. Make sure that the wood has retained its quality.
- Browse through some interior design magazines or the internet. Make use of some creative color schemes. Ideally for a small bedroom, choose lighter shades. But for a larger space, dark and bright colors that reflect light are the best.
- Accessories can bring life to your room. They help to give your bedroom a special identity. You can buy new accessories or just create some yourself.
I hope you like the ideas above and implement them soon! And yes, when you finally get your bedroom ready, don't forget to have fresh and lovely flowers there, every day! You'll love the ambiance even more!