Bamboo flooring has created a revolution in the world of floor design. It has gained the reputation of being the best alternative to stylishly designed floors because of its unique characteristics and certain similarities to that of wooden bases. It is brighter than pine and lighter than oak wood, besides adding space to your room. This material is one of the most preferred ones in the new-age design commune. Often, people have a preconception that bamboo flooring costs are very high. But the catch is to buy it from the right supplier, and if you are successful in doing so, there's nothing like it.
- Tropical glow
- High durability
- Resistance to moisture and insects
- Lightweight and strong
- Usually, the manufactured product that is most commonly found in North America is highly processed.
- It is made by slicing bamboo poles into flat strips.
- The poles are first crosscut to length and then sliced into flat strips depending on the required width. Most of the people get this customized.
- The outer skin is removed after this stage.
- The strips are then boiled in a solution of lime or boric acid to remove the starch and sugars, after which they are dried, and put to use.
- This processed material is available in planks with vertical and horizontal-grain orientation.
- If installed perfectly, this floor adds a feeling of warmth and luxury without worrying about any special care regime.
An important factor to be considered while selecting the pattern and design of the flooring is the cost. To get the best quality that fits your budget is very important.
- The cost may vary from design to design and pattern to pattern.
- The area also affects the cost.
- It is not necessarily an alternative to high-quality wooden boards, because a good quality bamboo-designed floor costs almost the same. Therefore, what puts you in a trap is getting good quality within your budget limit.
- The costs can fluctuate, where per square foot can range from $2 to $10.
- The average cost should be around $6.5 per square foot.
- At times, the costs may be high because of the design. It may or may not be of a high quality.
- Brand name is another factor that affects the price.
- You will have to research to find out and decide what kind of pattern you should opt for based on different factors such as design, strength, and durability. The installation charges will be then added to the cost separately.
Focus on the quality and durability of the material to resist moisture and insects. The aesthetics also affect the price. The design and the color are important, when it comes to how much will be incurred as a part of the installing process. You should also keep this in mind that if you get long-lasting bamboo flooring, it will usually be expensive, but high quality comes with lesser care cost, which is saving money in another way.