Accent Wall Ideas in Living Room
An accent wall should be the first thing that one sees upon entering a room. To facilitate this, see to it that it faces the entrance. It looks great if it highlights any focal point in your room. So, if a wall has a large window or a fireplace, you can paint it as an accent.
You can also create your own focal point by placing a large piece of furniture, like a sofa or television, in front of it. Remember, there should always be some space between these items and the wall. This makes the room look breathable and inviting.
Painting the Walls
There are a number of creative ways for painting accent walls.
- For instance, if the room is painted in light pink color, you can paint the wall in a slightly bolder shade of the same color. In this case, it can be a bold, hot pink.
- Choose an altogether different bright shade, such as red, orange, or purple for the wall, while keeping the others painted in toned-down neutral, pastel, or cool colors like light green and light blue.
- Also, keep some accessories in the same color as the wall so that it looks a part of your room decor itself. Some throw pillows on your sofa or a rug in the same bright color may do the trick. Choosing the same bright-colored upholstery for the room gives it a very coordinated look to.
Finally, whatever idea you choose for painting the wall, see to it that the contrast and difference between the accentuated wall and the other three completely stands out.
Decorating the Walls
In order to enhance the look of the wall, there are a number of things that you can do.
- You can add some cabinets and shelves to the wall, and display show pieces in some contrasting color.
- Shelves look especially good on accent walls which have a television in front of them. This way, even when the television is off, the decor items on the shelves will keep up the visual appeal.
- To create a greater impact, you can have an area rug of the same color, leading from the entrance to the wall.
- Putting up some artwork or a large mirror in the middle of the wall, are some other interesting ideas that you can consider.
- Instead of getting the wall painted, you can have a wall of stones or tiles instead.
- You can create a number of squares with molding and wood strips, and break the view into numerous pieces.
- For those of you who want to add a bit of drama to their living room accent wall, painting it black, and using light-colored furniture pieces to balance out the effect, is a good idea.
Accent walls lend an unmatchable aura to any space. A well-painted one can make up for most decorating flaws. So, if you want your living room to be transformed into an amazing, interesting, and inviting place, opt for such a wall to add glamor.